Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hello Again

Hello,

It's been so long since I've updated this blog. I could say I was so busy I have no time to blog. I could say I was so tied up with my kids who have been taking turns to fall ill in recent weeks that it's not possible to find blocks of time to blog in peace. Yet, the truth is that perhaps, I have nothing meaningful to share here?

How have my faith journey been with the Lord in the past year? How have my faith in Him grown over this period of time in my life? What have I achieve to inspire others of my faith in my Lord and Saviour? When I look back, only silence and a tinge of regret answered me. Yet, it's not that I have not grown in my walk with God, but it's just not enough. It's just not where I hope or thought I would be. Being busy, like Martha in the Bible, has become my excuse.

Perhaps, there's nothing wrong with being busy. Rather, there's something not quite right in what I was busying myself with? I love making jewelry and I love seeing them on my customers. Yet, my love for this business has not helped me to grow much. It only took away time from my Lord and from what I should be doing. I have enjoyed lots of favor from the community of internet users and have gotten many encouraging feedback. Yet, it does not appear that the Lord wants me to continue in this area. In the past year, there has been a number of stumbling blocks along my way, one of the most painful experiences was discovering that a retail shop I worked with was unethical in its business dealings. From having my handmade jewelry being hidden from sales, to my business cards being removed from my retail space and other possible unethical business practices etc., this discovery dealt a heavy blow to my trust in the retail shop owner.

Why would that happen, you might ask? I could only reveal that it has something to do with the lack of integrity and jealousy probably. Well, it doesn't matter now cos forgiving someone or people who treat you poorly is what God wants Christians to do, right? So, I have forgiven and let go though I'm still unable to forget that experience. Forgetting will take awhile, especially if the one who has inflicted such a great harm on you is also a proclaimed Christian.

Well, why am I sharing all these? I think it's good for me to express what I have been feeling all these while and also to provide a justification on why I have slowed down on making jewelry to focus on the more important things in my life and my true calling that I believe God has given me. I enjoy making jewelry and I still want to do that as a hobby but that, I believe is not my calling. To run away from my real calling will only see me being swallowed up by a large whale, like Jonah.

No more running away. I told myself and God. If God has pointed me to a better direction, I must and should follow. I have no wish of bringing a storm upon my loved ones. So, I hope to come here as often as I can - to reflect on where God is leading me. Perhaps, the answers have been with me all the time. I did not want to see them. But, as time passes, things have become clearer and my calling is getting louder. I shall work on who God wants me to be and if God is with me, I know I shall succeed.

This is such a long post. I hope I have not bored you and may you, my readers find peace and encouragement from what I have written.

Good night!

No comments: